Top solutions for computer-aided manufacturing
Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software is used for converting computer-aided design (CAD) models into information that can be used by machines. This type of software aids manufacturing companies in optimizing the process of transforming raw materials and components into finished products. CAM software also delivers information on how different types of equipment should be performing production operations such as cutting, milling, and roughing. Computer-aided manufacturing is leveraged by production managers in preparing and planning production operations, even by the shop floor employees to use the equipment efficiently and safely.
The top CAM softwares are:
- Fusion 360 – This is for product designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and machinists. It consolidates design, engineering, PCB design, and manufacturing into a single platform. It allows the user to connect their disconnected product development process to deliver high-quality products to market faster and create a positive impact.
- Solid Edge – This software is a set of affordable, easy to deploy, maintain, and use software tools that advance all aspects of the product development processes such as mechanical and electrical design, simulation, manufacturing, technical documentation, data management, and cloud-based collaboration.
- CAMWorks – CAMWorks is an intuitive, feature-based CAM software that helps in increasing productivity using best-in-class technologies and adaptable automation tools to maximize CNC machining efficiency.
- HSM – Inventor HSM and HSMWorks CAM software simplify the machining workflow with CAD-embedded 2.5-axis to 5-axis milling, turning, and mill-turn capabilities. Available only as part of the Product Design & Manufacturing Collection.
- NX CAM – It provides comprehensive and integrated NC programming capabilities in a single system enabling the use of consistent 3D models, data, and processes to seamlessly connect digital thread with planning and shop floor operations.
- FeatureCAM – FeatureCAM software automates workflow from design to NC code. It automatically recognizes holes, bosses, sides, and pockets in a single workflow for faster programming.
- SolidCAM – SolidCAM is software that runs directly inside the existing SolidWorks CAD design or Autodesk Inventor CAD system with seamless integration and full tool path associativity.
- Cimatron – Cimatron addresses the entire tool-making process from quoting to design, applying engineering changes and NC programming, and delivers major advantages for mold, die, and manufacturing shops keeping.
- Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection – Including in-canvas workflows for design, advanced simulation, 5-axis CAM, nesting, and factory layout design and make your products with the best collection. There is also access to specialized toolsets available with AutoCAD, along with new cloud-based technologies like Fusion 360.